POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : output options : Re: output options Server Time
9 Aug 2024 21:14:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: output options
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 2 May 2000 12:26:33
Message: <390f01b9$1@news.povray.org>
In article <390ee6a0@news.povray.org> , "Mike Weber" <mik### [at] pyxiscom>
wrote:

> I was trying to use these commands in my ini file for an animation:
>
> Preview_Start_Size = 8
> Preview_End_Size = 8
>
> It started with the size of 8, but completed the image with size of 1 - but
> I want it to complete with size of 8.
>
> Why does it do that?  What is wrong with my statements?

Nothing, this is exactly how it works. It is _preview_ only as clearly
explained in the documentation. If you set the end size smaller, it will
first generate previews down to that resolution and the switch to the final
step with full resolution.

If you want it to end with 8, just divide the image width and height by 8,
which gives you exactly the result (preview is not needed for this). Then
scale the image to 800% in a paint program. This will have (nearly) the same
effect as preview 8.

     Thorsten